I have reached a point in my life in which I have to let go of some relationships that I really do not want to. As platonic as they are these individuals are in a place in which I don’t want to be anymore. Specifically I am referring to Facebook Friends.
For years now I have gone back in forth with various Bookers and Booketts discussing such topics as: music, sports, religion and politics. During that time I have also been reading books by and listening to messages of Andrew Wommack.
In one of Andrew Wommacks messages he said: If you were accused of being a Christian there isn’t enough evidence to convict you. Wow! What a statement.
Many believe I am religious. I do not consider myself to be religious I take great pride in my relationship with God. BUT when I participate in the same anti-Obama rhetoric as those on Facebook, when I remain silent when I read judgmental comments about church leaders then I am no better than the unbeliever.
“For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?” Matthew 5:46 NKJV
There are quite a few individuals who do not come over to my home because of my faith philosophy. They never know when a conversation will lead to me quoting Scripture which makes them uncomfortable. These individuals have tried to use the Bible against my beliefs and have had to change the subject when I was able to respond using the same Scripture in context which validated my opinion.
“But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear;” 1 Peter 3:15 NKJV
My positions have left me with just a handful of friends and associates.
I have discovered that non-believers, people who the religious folks reject, are more receptive to my words of faith and life through Jesus than traditional Believers. I know that a few of my FBFs are homosexual, some are agnostic or atheist and a few are Muslim many are Democrat- I like them. It is counter-productive for me to put people who do not believe as I do to put them down. Why would I allow anyone else to disrespect them. My goal is to spread the GOOD NEWS about life with Jesus.
Political parties, church doctrines, and the opinions of others are not tools I use to become a better person. Some people I know just left Facebook all together because of the negativity. There are many people on FB that I like and whose opinions I respect so I choose to stick around. The people I disagree with more often than not and the ones who challenge me and correct me have pushed me deeper into Gods’ Word. The bottom line:
- If you are one of those people who want to kick every person who came to this country illegally out;
- If you are one of those person who HATES Barak Obama and have been speaking words or behaving in a manner that Jesus spoke against in Matthew 5:46
- If you are one of those individuals who find it necessary to speak against mega-church leaders, Mormons, Catholics and even Muslims;
- If you think all people on welfare, or collect government benefits are out to cheat the system;
- If you think all Democrats are alike and / or Republicans who work with Democrats are not Americans;
- If you are ready to send homosexuals to hell but show mercy to heterosexuals who have sex outside of marriage;
- If any of the above mentioned characteristics reflect you then in the up coming days weeks and months I will be disassociating myself from you. PLEASE understand the problem is not you but me. I have to make sure that if I am ever put on trial for being a Christian the verdict will be guilty. And for that reason YOU HAVE GOT TO GO.